Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tea & Crumpets

We're having an amazing time in England. Tea today and crumpets tomorrow! Love it!

This morning we took a bus to the train station in Bath, hopped a train to Paddington (Bear) station in London and then caught the tube (always minding the gap of course) to Victoria Station where we walked to our hotel.

But that was just before noon!

In the afternoon I made it over to Parliament Square to spend more time with my friend Big Ben.




I've hit all these spots so far, minus St. Thomas'. But that's only because I'm not driving on the other side of the road, yet! We all know how risky that is for me.




Chaucer, Dickens and Hardy are buried here. William the Conqueror was crowned here. And, oh yeah, some people named William and Kate just got hitched here. Can I just say Westminster Abbey is awesome?




After the Westminster Walk, we took a ferry to the Tower of London where a jolly Beefeater (or Yeomen Warder) gave us a tour inside the castle walls. And then I saw them. Yes, them. Let me give you a hint. The line to see these things put the lines at Disney World to shame. The crown jewels! I saw bejeweled tiara after bejeweled tiara. And to top it off I saw a gigantic golden punch bowl. I think it said something about holding over 100 gallons. It is exactly what every queen and castle needs (ahem!).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment